Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Year in Review

I just thought I would at least right down for me what the heck we have been up to this year. So hear goes nothing.......

We have had a good year! We have been insanely busy no doubt about that but a good year. Among all the field trips, trips to the doctors, work, school, and the list goes we have survived and are even happy.

I have just recently quit my job where I worked for Heritage West Credit Union for the past 8 plus years in the collections department. I have tried to make this decision for more than a year now, with such a crazy economy I didn't feel great about walking away from a job when so many people don't have one. But being fortunate enough to stay home with my kids and to have a husband that supports me I don't know what took me so long to finally decide. My only regret it not doing it sooner. Don't get me wrong I look fondly back at my years spent there and the friends I made but this is where I am meant to be. I love being home with my kids and just feel so much more peaceful by having so much less on my plate. It has been great to be home to enjoy the holidays instead of sleep walk through them. YEAH for RETIREMENT!

Other than that I have fallen in love with photography and play with my camera every chance I get. I have bought new equipment piece by piece and feel such a thirst for knowledge to be able to learn about this new passion in my life. I have to say thank you to Ron for being ever so patient with me as I spend countless hours absorbed in tutorials and books. But I love it and hope to continue to learn and grow as time goes by.

Ron is almost done with school and I think he actually should have already been done but that darn deer hunt prompts him to take off a large amount of time every year so that he can go be a mighty hunter and has pushed his time in school out a bit. Now this is just my opinion I am sure if you asked Ron he would tell you something about having kids or something. But he really is almost done. YEAH! He is currently working for Wells Fargo for their online sales and service division and really likes his job and the company. They have been great to work for and I am grateful yet again the opportunity they have provided me to stay home. THANK YOU Wells Fargo! Other than that he is here to put up with me and my crazy antics and be a wonderful father and husband.

Alyssa is 9 and in the 4th grade. She is doing great in school and is one smart cookie. She reads all the time a passion she gets from her father. She is a fantastic big sister and a real help to me. She is my go getter though which might surprise you because she is so quite. She always wants to go do stuff....She wants to go to the spa or to dinner or to the movies or to a party or anywhere really she likes to be out and about. I am slightly worried for both Ron and I and her future husband. This girl has EXPENSIVE taste (something else she gets from Ron) we take her out to eat and she wants Fillet Mignon or she wants to get her nails done or stop real quick for a pedi and a mani. But overall she is just a good girl and such a joy to have in our lives.

Avery is 6 and in the 1st grade. Avery is also doing well in school but she is a home body. She would much rather be hiding in the bathrooms than in class. But this year has really done well. She has a fantastic teacher who she loves and I honestly think loves her. Avery and Aidan get a long famously, they are always playing together and she is so patient with him. Avery is my home body, she loves to play pretend and just to be. She says the most HILARIOUS things you will ever hear. She has informed me that she one day will be a Rock Star or an American Idol Judge and has super star ambitions. I honestly believe one day she will actually do them. If anyone can she can.

Aidan is almost 2 and is pretty much the cutest most spoiled toddler on the planet. Because he is our last we give him everything he wants. If we don't give it to him his sisters do. He never has to wait for ANYTHING. If he says he wants a cookie they are right there getting him one. He is also a MONKEY. He climbs everything and if he can't climb it he will construct something he can climb until he can get up to where ever it is he is going. I can seriously say I think I get him off the kitchen counter 20 times a day. He is learning all kinds of words everyday and has the funnest personality. We love our little guy and can't wait to see what he will be like as he gets older.

That is it, that is us. We have been running like crazy still with no site of the finish line but through it all have become closer as a family. I couldn't have asked for a better year and hope that 2010 will be just as good.

Merry Christmas!!

No comments: