Monday, January 26, 2009

Baby Steps!

Have I mentioned for Christmas that Ron bought me a very nice camera. I was jumping for joy I have been secretly wishing for one for a long time. My wish finally came through. I have mostly just taken some pics of my kids but my friend asked me if I would be willing to take a couple of pictures of her new baby Carter and I thought I would give it a try. I really have no idea what I was doing but I think between the crying and baby bodily functions they turned out alright for a girl who has no idea what she is really doing. I hope one day that I can take some photography classes or find someone to teach me so that I can figure out what the heck I am really doing so that I can at least take some awsome shots of my kids. Baby steps I guess. Anyway here are a few that I think turned out pretty cute.




5 comments:

Aaron/Kami said...

Wow Em! I think you are already a profesh! Good job you should start charging people. :)

Janae said...

Hi Emily, You commented on my site, and asked for suggestions. My first would be to STUDY STUDY your camera's owner manual, practicing each thing as you read until you are comfortable with all of the camera functions. Then, practice, practice, practice (luckily you have kids to practice on! Mine get quite sick of me taking pics of them!) Looking at other peoples sites and getting ideas from them is also beneficial! Mostly, just enjoy it, and have fun! Photography is so great! You will love the journey you are beginning! Hope you check back in on my blog occasionally! I'd love to hear how it is going for you!

sweet pickles said...

Hooray for a nice new camera! What kind is it? Good luck figuring it all out!

Sharane said...

Congrats on the new camera! I'm so jealous! I really want to get a better camera. Which one did you get? Your photos look great! How fun! Happy snapping!

Love ya!

-Sharane :)

Unknown said...

Emee-lou...you definitely have talent! Hey to the Jones', so much fun to see your cute lil' family! Love Dina